This Website and content available within is for informational purposes only. Neither the Website nor the content available within constitutes legal, financial, accounting, or other professional advice, and neither should be relied upon by You or any third party, including to operate or promote Your business, secure financing or capital in any form, obtain any regulatory or governmental approvals, or otherwise be used in connection with procuring services or other benefits from any entity. Chartwell assumes no liability for readers’ use of the information herein and please note, before making any decision or taking any action, You should consult with legal and professional advisers.
Chartwell hereby authorizes You to display on your computer, download, and print pages of this Website, subject to the following provisions: (i) the copyright notice appears on all such printouts; (ii) the information will not be altered in any manner; and (iii) the content is only to be used for personal educational and non-commercial use and will not be redistributed, broadcast, or copied to any other media.
Chartwell collects the following categories of personal data:
- Contact data and other identifiers: We may collect information about data subjects such as name and contact details (email, phone number, mailing address) in order to communicate and facilitate the provision of our services with our clients or potential clients and to respond to Your requests.
- Services data: Personal data may be provided to Us by clients to the extent required to perform the services. Chartwell may also acquire personal data from a third party at the direction of our client as required to perform services.
- Employment Information: We collect the information You choose to disclose if You apply for potential employment with Chartwell, such as Your educational history, professional experience, and certain sensitive information such as citizenship or any disabilities You may have.
- Marketing information: We may collect information to respond to inquiries regarding Our services or to provide You with information, reports, or updates. This information includes the contact data and website visitor information described above as well as information about Your occupation or employer if You provide it to us.
How we Use Your Information
We use the information that We collect for several purposes, including:
- The purposes for which it was provided;
- To provide information and respond to requests for services;
- To process and respond to customer inquiries and comments;
- To send periodic emails. If email recipients choose, the email address they provide may be used to send them occasional news, updates, related product or service information, etc. Note: If at any time email recipients would like to unsubscribe from receiving future commercial emails, We include unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email;
- To generate and review reports and data about our user base and Website usage patterns;
- To analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Website;
- To compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- To prevent fraud and abuse of the Website and to otherwise protect You and our business;
- To assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas; and
How Information is Disclosed
Customer Relations Management Platforms. We may share Your information with third-party service providers and business partners to perform functions in connection with customer relations.
Social Media Platforms. If you decide to access social media platforms through buttons on the Website, We may be deemed in essence to share your information with social media platforms, including information related to Your IP address, browser, operating system, cookie information, device, the websites and webpages You visit, the purchases You make, the ads You view, and how You use the Website.
Video Hosting and Sharing Platforms. By using third-party service providers and business partners who in turn may access some of Your information when you visit the Website, We may in effect be deemed to share Your information with third-party service providers and business partners in order for them to perform functions in connection with video hosting and sharing, including Your name, email address, address, title, industry, IP address, user ID, device ID, browser and device information, time of visit, pages visited, geolocation, queries searched, ads viewed, videos watched, and user names.
Business Changes. If We become involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or other transaction, or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, We may transfer Your information to a third party or parties in connection therewith.
Investigations and Law. We may disclose information about You to third parties if We believe that such disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply with the law or guidance or cooperate with government or law enforcement officials or private parties;
- Investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, suspected fraud, the rights, reputation, safety, and property of us, users, or others, or violations of our policies or other agreements with us;
- Respond to claims and legal process (for example, subpoenas); and/or
- Protect against legal liability.
Aggregated Information. We may share aggregated information relating to users of the Website with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties. This aggregated information does not contain personal information about any user.
We implement a variety of security measures to protect the safety of Your personal information when You enter, submit, or access Your personal information.
While We take reasonable measures to protect the information You submit via the Website against loss, theft, and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification, We cannot guarantee its absolute security. No Internet, email, or mobile application transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Email or other messages sent through the Website may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information through the Website and take special care in deciding with which information You provide us.
We cannot guarantee that transmissions of Your personal information will be fully secure and that third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or the security measures of our partners. WE ASSUME NO LIABILITY FOR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION DUE TO TRANSMISSION ERRORS, THIRD-PARTY ACCESS, OR CAUSES BEYOND OUR CONTROL.
If you use our Website outside of the United States, You consent to having Your data transferred to the United States.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain Your information for as long as You use the Website and for a reasonable time thereafter. We may maintain anonymized or aggregated data, including usage data, for analytics purposes. We may retain and use Your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or for the period required by laws in applicable jurisdictions. Please note that some or all of the information We have collected may be required for the Website to function properly.
Links to Other Services or Applications
Your Choices Regarding Your Information
You have choices regarding the use of information by the Website.
- Changing Your Information – To change Your information, You may contact us at www.chartwellfa.com/contact.
- Closing Your Account – You may close Your account by contacting us at www.chartwellfa.com/contact. If the email account associated with Your email address is not active, We may close Your account without notice.
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from an individual under age 18. If You are under the age of 18, please do not submit any personal information through the Website. If You have reason to believe that We may have accidentally received personal information from an individual under age 18, please contact us immediately at www.chartwellfa.com/contact.
Business Continuity Disclosure
CCS maintains a business continuity plan, which addresses interruptions to our normal course of business. This plan is reviewed annually and updated, as necessary. Our disclosure statement is available in written form upon request.
The plan outlines the actions CCS will take in the event of a single-building, citywide or regional business interruption, including the use of an office location not affected by the interruption, retrieval of off-site back up data, use of primary and alternate vendors for continued communication, notification of active clients to provide interim information and relocation of personnel to an unaffected site.
USA Patriot Act Identity Verification Notice
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who, or entity that, establishes an account. While there are exceptions to this requirement, We will ask for certain investor information such as legal name, legal address and/or principal place of business, state of incorporation, Taxpayer Identification number, Social Security number, date of birth, etc. that will allow Us to demonstrate compliance with these regulations. In some cases, We may also ask for additional documents.
Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC) Disclosure
Although CCS does not maintain customer accounts or accept customer funds or securities, We are a member of SIPC. To obtain more information about SIPC, including a SIPC brochure, You may contact SIPC directly by telephone at 201-371-8300 or refer to www.sipc.org.
How to Contact Us
Your Nevada Privacy Rights
The Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS 603A.300 et seq.) permit a Nevada consumer to direct an operator of an Internet website or online service to refrain from making any sale of any covered information the operator has collected or will collect about that consumer. As noted below in Our California Supplement, We do not “sell” any consumer information in the traditional sense of the definition of “sell”. Nevertheless, in order to remove all doubt, You may submit a request pursuant to this directive by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide further information about how We verify the authenticity of the request and Your identity.
Supplement for California Residents – Last Updated June 2021
California residents have the following additional rights. You will not need to create an account to exercise Your rights. To exercise one of these rights, please provide a verifiable consumer request by contacting us at email@example.com. While We do not collect personal information, and thus do not “sell” Your personal information in the traditional and common understanding of selling or providing information in exchange for monetary compensation, California has defined ‘sell’ much more broadly to mean sharing Your information to any third party under circumstances where We may derive some benefit. Accordingly, in order to remove all doubt, the following incorporate this much broader definition of the word “sell.”
- If it is determined that We may have in fact collected such information about You, request that We delete such personal information.
- If it is determined that We may have in fact collected such information about You in the preceding 12 months, request that We disclose, free of charge (unless Your requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive), the categories of personal information that We have collected about You, the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information, the categories of third parties with whom We share personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information We have collected about You.
- If it is determined that We may have in fact collected such information about You, request that, for personal information that it is determined that We have sold or disclosed such information for a business purpose in the preceding 12 months, We disclose, free of charge (unless Your requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive), the categories of personal information that We have collected about You, the categories of personal information that We have sold about You, the categories of third parties to whom each category of personal information was sold, the categories of personal information that We have disclosed about You for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties to whom each category of personal information was disclosed.
- If it is determined that We may have in fact collected such information about You, Direct us, at any time, not to sell Your personal information. We may sell Your personal information within the meaning of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). Under the CCPA, “sell” means sell, rent, release, disclose, disseminate, make available, transfer, or otherwise communicate orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means a consumer’s personal information by the business to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration. The law contains exceptions to this definition which may limit how We respond to your direction. To exercise this right to opt out, You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before We can fulfill the requests to know and delete noted above, We must verify Your identity. We will require You to provide us with Your name, telephone number, home address, and email address, together with a signed declaration under penalty of perjury that You are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request. We will match this information to the personal information We maintain.
You can also authorize another person, called an agent, to exercise Your rights on Your behalf. You must provide the authorized agent written and signed permission to act on Your behalf. We may deny requests to opt out from an authorized agent who does not submit proof that he or she has been authorized to act on Your behalf. Furthermore, We may require You to verify Your identity directly with us. We may also require You to directly confirm with us that You have provided the authorized agent permission to submit a request on Your behalf. An authorized agent can make a request on Your behalf by contacting us at email@example.com.
We may not discriminate against You because You exercised any of Your rights under the CCPA, including, but not limited to, by:
(A) Denying goods or services to You.
(B) Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
(C) Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to You.
(D) Suggesting that You will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
This notice, in summary form, is intended to inform You who has access to the above mentioned information once We receive it. Chartwell considers all information We have about You to be confidential and pursuant to any existing or potential business relationship with you, including the fact that You may be a client of Chartwell Financial Advisory, Inc. and/or CCS Transactions, LLC. We restrict access to information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable regulatory standards to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Last modified: 7/8/21