We develop plans to actualize your business and people strategies.
Chartwell partners with clients to develop a clearly articulated compensation philosophy that aligns with their ownership philosophy. We recognize that annual incentives and long-term incentive plans (LTIPs) must bridge the two philosophies and drive your overall strategic plan.
The foundation of our compensation consulting involves a sophisticated approach to market benchmarking to ensure base pay, annual bonus, and LTIPs are appropriate given your corporate goals. We have the ability to:
- Utilize pay data relevant to privately-held companies
- Assess base pay, bonus, and LTIP values and the mix of these pay components
We specialize in developing bonus designs that:
- Promote line of sight between efforts and outcomes
- Support attainment of annual operating plan
- Reinforce company culture
In situations where long-term incentive plans are appropriate tools to attract, retain, and motivate key leaders, these plans are developed to best support your ownership philosophy and strategic plan. We have significant experience with:
- Tailoring LTIP designs that reflect stakeholder priorities
- Developing iterative financial analyses to ensure LTIP supports business and people strategies
- Consulting on key LTIP issues (eligibility, vesting, distributions, IRC §409A, etc.)
CFO & DIRECTOR,
EMERY SAPP & SONS, INC.
“As a maturing 100% ESOP-owned company, we first used Chartwell to review our executive compensation plans which had become outdated due to our growth. The Chartwell team got our plans realigned with the goals of our company. We were so impressed with their work that we asked them to assess our ESOP sustainability about three years later. We always thought of ourselves as a forward- thinking organization, but Chartwell’s study opened up our eyes and we have since began implementing some of their suggestions. We followed that up this year with a capital structure modeling review.
The things that Chartwell most impressed me with on all three of these projects was (1) their knowledge of the subject matter and of the ESOP industry, (2) the facts they brought to the study to help form and back up their recommendations, and (3) their ability to listen to our needs and help fashion their recommendations to fit them best.
We have never really used consultants before in our business, but now Chartwell are our “go to” consultants.”